Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ul-mix
i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to go Tongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume.

.mp3    ul-mix TrafficExperiment once more.mp3 --  (Download: 6.02 MB)

(24-04-2012, 02:32 PM)uzilevi Wrote: i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to go Tongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume.

Really like your mix man. Its a cool tune.

Did one myself if you want a listen its below yours...

cheers Smile
This comfortably trumps the preview mix for me, delivering a confident balance, some lovely rich effects work, an engaging and airy stereo picture, and some great vocal treatment which is allowed enough room to really shine. My only real query is with the bass -- could it have a touch more warmth and weight in the mix compared with the kick? I think you could get away with it, and it would help prop up the choruses in particular.

It feels as if you could do more with your automation to pull out interesting details from the backing parts -- the guitar and piano fills in the first verse, for example. I also wonder if you've made the most of some of the instruments in earlier, less crowded sections, and whether you might be able to fit in more timbral goodness from some of them while the texture is sparser. As a result it feels to me as if the whole song takes a while to really hit its stride.

On another automation-related note, I think there might be some value in automating the drums balance a bit more, because it feels like the room sound in particular could blossom more during the more epic moments here. That might also help give the pre-chorus and chorus sections a bit more of a sense of 'arrival', where at the moment those section boundaries feel rather too understated for this kind of style in my view. The backing vocals might be able to give better value in this respect too, I think.

Finally, the section at 3:30-3:48 seems to me to have real timing problems (as it does in the preview mix). I can't imagine any artist would complain if you tightened up that section for them, and it would really help give that slightly menacing riff more of a sense of malicious intent.
hi mike i think this is all right i needed to do more automation i dont remeber if all the guitar parts where on the same channel or not its needs more power .and the reverb on the drums need more in the crowded sections.
you absolutely right it can be a slightly beter.
thanks uzi.
hi i fixed it i think its beter and more dynamic Smile

.mp3    TrafficExperiment_OnceMore 01 05 12.mp3 --  (Download: 12.05 MB)

A really clear and present mix. Smile
Sounds great - especially the kick !
Great call copyin the bv to the instrumental part, I should´ve thought of that Big Grin
A very clean presentation of the song compared to mine, i went crazy with automation and makin difrence between parts.
Great job !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order