Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over The top... and this mix ? :p
Hi all,

I share my mix of this track, it's a good track and i took some pleasure, I tried to make a rather modern mix... Tell me how improve this track please Wink

I've add a Sidechain volume with a comp (ratio 10:1, any attack, and long realease, limiter like) on all rythm guitar for the guitar solo, how you find this ? Change too much aggressive ?

.mp3    1234 Masterize.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

Anyone ? Big Grin
You kinda went over the top Smile with the following:

- Hi end. The mix is very brittle and harsh.
- Bottom end. The mix is too loose in the bottom end. Flubby is a word I think describes it well.
- Compression. Your mix is lacking dynamics.
+ I like that you put reverb in there.
+ Liking the presence in the guitars.

IMHO, it needs more work.
ok, thanks for advice... Wink
Hey Xrizon,

As Amphibian noted, the mix sounds a over-hyped, and over-compressed leaving it feeling a bit brittle and one dimensional in terms of dynamics. The side-chaining on the rhythm guitars at the solo makes the lead jump out, but that could better be achieved with some eq, carving some space for the lead to breathe, while leaving the rhythm guitars more present.

All the elements are audible though, and with the exception of the solo when the side chaining interferes a little bit, the position of the tracks volume wise seems to work. Just need some work to even out the tonal balance.

It might be a good exercise for you to pull in a reference track in a similar style to try and compare your eq decisions to in terms each individual instrument. It can be a life saver for stuff like this.

Keep working! Wink