Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ying Yang - HB Mix
Set up automated EQ per Mike's suggestions during strumming section. Also did a little bit to the bottom end to get a bit more definition on bass notes.

Used a couple of different parallel compression units, with threshold automated to grab just enough of the signal during both loud and quiet passages.

Went with both delay and reverb send effects to create space and width.

Finished off with automation on the guitar fader

Used Mikes remix as a reference...only managed a pale imitation...so much detail in his mix...top job.

I don't say it often enough, but a big thank you Mike for all these tracks
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New version - mix_02 uploaded below

.mp3    YingYang_HB.mp3 --  (Download: 16.1 MB)

Nice full sound, good job for such a difficult track Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(16-06-2014, 10:38 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice full sound, good job for such a difficult track Big Grin !

Thanks..i was pretty happy with the space i was able to get out of a mono track....insane how difficult a single track can be
Wasn't really happy with the definition coming through on original mix so took this opportunity to set up some parallel EQ. The idea was to keep the warmth of the existing tone, but blend in some parallel EQ to give additional bite.

Went with two bands, both shelving boosts. First was a lift to upper mid range above 1000hz. The second was to give an additional lift to the presence frequencies around 5000hz

.mp3    YingYang_HB_mix_02.mp3 --  (Download: 16.1 MB)