Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ul-mix
i hope you like it Big Grin one down alot more to go Tongue the mix is before mastering so bring up the volume.

.mp3    ul-mix SpikeMullings_MikesSulking.mp3 --  (Download: 3.77 MB)

You've done a good job of projecting this vocal, despite the kind of breathy delivery that's always always going to be tricky to get across against any kind of rock backing, even one as laid-back as this. The drums sound pretty nice in stereo too.

There's a big disparity between the stereo and mono versions of this mix, especially during the guitar solo. In mono the drums collapse pretty nastily, while the rhythm-guitars in the backing all but vanish! Even in stereo, though, the level of those guitars feels very low, which robs the mix of power and solidity, and the fairly heavy reverb doesn't feel like it's helping in that respect.

You've posted a lot of mixes already, most of which I've rather liked, but this one feels like a bit of a misfire somehow, even though I do like some of the basic sounds you've gone with. Your mix has clarity (which the preview mix lacks) but at too high a price in terms of loss of fullness, I think. My suggestion would be to try rebuilding the balance of this track dry and in mono to get a clearer hold on the basic balance first, and only then dial in the panning and effects. Once the balance is nicely locked in, you should be on the home straight, because your abilities with effects have already been clearly demonstrated in your previous mixes.
hi mike i didnt listen to this song for some time and i do say you are right i dont like how it sounds. i think i did it fast and didnt listen enough.
as i say we need not listen with the eyes Smile)
uzi