Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wicked - HB Mix
nice to do a Leaf mix with real drums. As ever...great vocals...but always a challenge meshing all the various pieces together

.mp3    Wicked_HB_Mix_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

Your snare sounds good but I think it could come up a bit and the choruses seem to be lacking in intensity ... maybe bring the guitars up some ... otherwise sounds really good to me.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(10-06-2014, 08:10 AM)bmullen Wrote: Your snare sounds good but I think it could come up a bit and the choruses seem to be lacking in intensity ... maybe bring the guitars up some ... otherwise sounds really good to me.

Thanks for your feedback and comments..

..initially i was worried my snare was getting too loud...and sometimes when I'm unsure I go too quiet...Same with guitars in chorus.

Did quick test, and boosting levels of snare and chorus guitars go really well...i'll try a remix when i get a chance...thx for the ideasBig Grin
Hi. Here are a few things that I noticed.

I would like to hear the kicks low end a little better. Now I hear only click.
In chorus your mix is really bright but I'm not sure would I say harsh. Maybe something in between?
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
(19-06-2014, 02:22 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: Hi. Here are a few things that I noticed.

I would like to hear the kicks low end a little better. Now I hear only click.
In chorus your mix is really bright but I'm not sure would I say harsh. Maybe something in between?

Hey, thanks for your comments. To be honest, I found that the original production tracks seemed to be recorded on the bright-side...ended up adding saturation to some of the tracks to try and add some warmth ..... I'll check out the kick when i do a remix...Thx