Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ferryboat Men- Wind of Gypsy Moor
(21-04-2024, 05:51 PM)Shul Wrote: I would suggest you stay away from the master bus for now and just break down compression on individual tracks. Personally I make a mix bus for drums,(snare,toms,kick,overheads) bass(sometimes 3 tracks), guitars(2 tracks in stereo), and use compression those. Rule of thumb when using compressors on a mix bus or master bus... Don't compress too much. Every track group in there gets affected to a degree when compressing too much.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I recorded a video of me mixing a rough mix years ago. That's just my way of mixing but on min 7 I work on drums. Maybe you can get something useful out of it.

https://youtu.be/1hRrc7uzbEU?si=RLXrCRsSwbI-3xpo
You don't need to be an expert to help out. I'll watch it and see if I can learn anything from it. Thanks, man.
I went back and did a complete redo, the story of my life Smile. Spent a whole lot of time on the toms trying to tame it down. The tail ends was hard to work with. Was able to bring the drums forward, even with the constant pounding toms. Worked on the balance of the guitars more, especially the lead guitar. I don't know if it's a hit or a miss Smile.