Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lammy's mix WIP
Hi folks,
I was nearly uploading my semi-final work-in-progress last night when I discovered somehow that the common interpretation of the pros here was into giving more prominence to the voice. OK, I told myself: I missed something... I revisited the balance of the voice that may have screwed up the rest. So I mark this as WIP... Angel

Ok then. Some details:
Fully ITP - OSX - Logic - Waves - Slate FG-X

Drums - variously sent to Reverb and parallel compression (CLA 76)
- Kick with a notch EQ to kill the 86Hz resonance. SSL Channel
- Snare and tom with highpass and notch EQ at 158Hz and 148Hz respectively. SSL Channel

- Percussion tracks with highpass
- Bass track (only Mic 2) with SSL and a magic wand of CLA Bass tweaked to taste
- Acou Guitar: trying to bring the channels in phase with -15ms delay on mic track, sent to Rev only
- Voice with SSL - RComp - Deesser, sent to some combined reverb (short and long) and Amphex Exciter
- Clarinets and Accordion with SSL and some Reverb
All track channels sent to master through Waves NLS summing to master (Neve settings).

- Master track with Slate FG-X comp and boost + Waves L1 limiter
No automation (yet - laziness kicks in after midnight).

Thanks to Uzi for the nice hint on the Bricasti Reverb IRes (used throughout, and still experimenting and cataloging). Big Grin

Question(s):
- how is it going with balance? Confused
- how is it going with phasing? Confused Confused

humbly said and thanks for your attention.

.mp3    If You Say 01 - Work in Progress.mp3 --  (Download: 8 MB)

"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
Replying to myself, listening to it a couple of days after... I don't like my own production much.
So just leaving this here for reference. I'll review the mix as soon my ears are rested enough and got back to a better monitoring system.
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
hi lammy every one needs a time off after thay worked on a mix do your mixing on two days it can help alot.
im happy that you like the bricasity.