Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaculate Mix
Hello, I just discovered this site and these tracks. I must say, what an incredible find for us audio engineers. Great practicing tools. Anyways, here is my mix of Francis Dunnery's "Immaculate". I hope you all like it. Please feel free to leave comments, questions, or tips.

.mp3    Immaculate_Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

I like your acoustic guitar sounds a lot more than most people's, but I still think you could probably give it more warmth when it's playing on its own -- it's a textbook scenario for multing, I'd say. Nice as it sounds, though, that guitar is way too far up front to me, and eclipses the lead vocal as a result. Some short reverb would help pull it (and its double-track) backwards to a more suitable position.

I like the way you've incorporated the solo guitar within the texture. It really seems to fit convincingly -- a tricky job that you've made look deceptively easy.

Could we afford to have more of the piano in general? I'd like to hear it a bit more, personally. And the lead vocal is probably too low in the balance in general too -- it still sounds a bit buried even in mono, which is rarely a good sign.