Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SONG OF INDIA (DBOX)
Heyy guys on this mix I wanted to keep everything natural so what your hearing is suttle EQ, no compression, no reverb, basically very little processing... I made groups and summed each group through the Dbox in individual stems and then summed those stems again through 2 channels... the results I thought were pretty interesting...

Tell me what you guys think!

.mp3    Song of India.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Watch out for that first trumpet, he'll smack you in the face fer sure...

Balance seems a little off. That muted trombone up front just after the intro is actually kinda important but got pushed a little too far into the background. Piano and Guitar are a bit too far forward but they sound good.

I'm also not sure that the tone of the low brass is quite consistant with the trumpets.

Otherwise, this is a good mix. I can hear all the parts and they seem to be in the right spot. (Wandering horns are good for a marching band but not for a stage. Smile )
Old West Audio
(02-06-2014, 08:41 AM)azwayne Wrote: Watch out for that first trumpet, he'll smack you in the face fer sure...

Balance seems a little off. That muted trombone up front just after the intro is actually kinda important but got pushed a little too far into the background. Piano and Guitar are a bit too far forward but they sound good.

I'm also not sure that the tone of the low brass is quite consistant with the trumpets.

Otherwise, this is a good mix. I can hear all the parts and they seem to be in the right spot. (Wandering horns are good for a marching band but not for a stage. Smile )

thank you for the feedback man really appreciate it!! yah i went back and thought the same thing about the gtr and piano!