Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fytakyte - Fade
Hi,

My attempt.

Cheers!

.mp3    FytaKyte - Fade.mp3 --  (Download: 11.33 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi Mikej , nice warm tone. One thought that hit me straight away was that snare, not sure the tone fits the kit, some thing not sitting right for my ears. nice pace on transition ; feel the drums need to drive more at this point to give more support to the transition. nice solo guitar tone. things sit well and I like how you have kept the warmth in those guitars.
could you push vocal a few dbs in the verse just to get it a little in front of the band ;as you have done this in the transition.
All thoughts sent with encouragement.
Keep on keeping on.
Hi!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I know what you mean, the snare was as close as I managed to get to the library mix sound though! I'll have to check the drums - I think I pushed them about 6db there already. The verse vocals sound upfront to me though?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hey mikej,

I just listened to your mix. It sounds good overall. A few small details nevertheless: the solo guitar(s) seem to dominate the title and the organ is not really present which is the opposite of the bass which does not always seem to be part of the "orchestra " -we have the impression that it is going to come out of the speakers-... Limit, the drums are a little "aggressive" in the general atmosphere (which could be a little more subdued) and the snare hits (without rolls and ghost notes) almost have a gunshot effect.
I don't really like the original arrangement of the guitars: at the beginning of the singing, for example, they produce a bit of a ping-pong effect which distracts the attention. The voices are very good in an openly upfront spirit. 
It's a weird feeling that we feel throughout the track: it seems that each chord supported by the snare are violent hits that seem exaggerated. That said, it's the structure of the title that requires this, but it takes away a bit of the roundness that's missing in your mix.

This remains very good work.

Cheers

Franz
Hi Mike, just listened to your mix and the balances feel great! I do feel the snare sound is bit too bottom snare/ splashy.

Cheers!
Overall balance is good. On verse, I feel the vocals are a bit too front, other than that a solid mix.
Hi kzu, thank you for your comments. I appreciate.
Yes, always a delicate subject the placement of voices. Very often a question of personal taste rather than a purely technical choice.

Franz