Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ian Dearden - Thursday Reverie (Ken Alex Mix).mp3
MIX NOTES
  • Fascinating to mix an ambient minimal track, really makes you think how to expand on the few tracks that make the composition
  • 01_Bass and 02_Synth1 are the main guys, built other tracks around them
  • Used a mixture of Send and Parallel processing for BASS and SYNTHS groups
  • BASS group: Parallel Distortion
  • 02_Synth1: Send Delay, Reverb (Early Reflections), Saturation
  • Synth2+3+4 group: Send Delay, Huge Reverb
  • PREMIX group: Send Reverb (Chambers), Saturation 
  • Also inline saturation of groups and master bus

.mp3    Ian Dearden - Thursday Reverie (Ken Alex Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 5.58 MB)

Ken
You've done a beautiful job, and brought joy to my heart, this Thursday morning (here in Australia, at any rate, regardless of where you might be).
This is a lovely, thoughtful, gentle and respectful mix, that captures the essence of a languid, peaceful tune with little elements that lend a little sparkle but don't overwhelm the flow and intent.
I remain eternally delighted that others enjoy mixing these tracks of mine.
Many thanks!!
Ian D
(07-03-2024, 02:17 AM)idearden Wrote: Ken
You've done a beautiful job, and brought joy to my heart, this Thursday morning (here in Australia, at any rate, regardless of where you might be).
This is a lovely, thoughtful, gentle and respectful mix, that captures the essence of a languid, peaceful tune with little elements that lend a little sparkle but don't overwhelm the flow and intent.
I remain eternally delighted that others enjoy mixing these tracks of mine.
Many thanks!!
Ian D
Many thanks to you, Ian. I don't do this professionally so it's great to interact with the artist for once, makes it all the more special.

Cheers from America,
Ken