Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fade *sagi*
i really love this guy...

.mp3    fade away#.mp3 --  (Download: 11.54 MB)

James sure is talented, huh?
Wonderful coherence thorough your mix. Very modern approach and very geometric and well balanced. I did sense a loss of energy out of the break before the guitar solos. Not too bad though. Everything was well stated within those sections. if there is anything to say about your drums it would be to try an embrace the resonances in the recordings. They can be more friendly than what you are depicting with the clickiness of your attack on most of the kit. However, your drums do work pretty well as is. It is a great listen and very well presented and in good support of the song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-03-2024, 10:33 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: James sure is talented, huh?
Wonderful coherence thorough your mix. Very modern approach and very geometric and well balanced. I did sense a loss of energy out of the break before the guitar solos. Not too bad though. Everything was well stated within those sections. if there is anything to say about your drums it would be to try an embrace the resonances in the recordings. They can be more friendly than what you are depicting with the clickiness of your attack on most of the kit. However, your drums do work pretty well as is. It is a great listen and very well presented and in good support of the song.

Thank you for your reply and for your 100% correctly pointing my ""bad habit" for drums that comes from the fact that I am a professional live sound engineer... That explains a lot I guess ? but I promise I try hard not to touch that much of kick toms and snare eq and even more I try a lot to locate and love drums room channel ??
Absolutely fantastic review from you and right to the point ..
(12-03-2024, 04:29 PM)sagi Wrote:
(11-03-2024, 10:33 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: James sure is talented, huh?

Thank you for your reply and for your 100% correctly pointing my ""bad habit" for drums that comes from the fact that I am a professional live sound engineer... That explains a lot I guess ? but I promise I try hard not to touch that much of kick toms and snare eq and even more I try a lot to locate and love drums room channel ??
Absolutely fantastic review from you and right to the point ..
When I first opened the tracks and auditioned the drums, I was like, OH My. What am I going to do with these? So much resonance. But when I got down to it, that resonance was tone and I did almost nothing to the toms but stereo compression using the Pulsar 1178 nor the kick. I too was a live sound engineer and would typically hunt down every resonance in drums I could find. I am now more of the school of 'Let 'em ring. Rev'. Character. It's all about character.    Big Grin
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]