Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preach right here (Sano mix)
Enjoyed listening to all the mixes so far. Here's mine.

.m4a    Preach right here (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 8.21 MB)

Hey Sano, great vocal sound, and your "heavy" approach is an interesting and cool choice.

I think you oughta dial back the reverb on the acoustics (although I love the sinister appeal) so that they blend with the rest of the track a little more convincingly and decrease the mud a bit. Honestly, a little mud in music like this is nice, so I don't think it needs to be dialed back much... just feeling a little congested in the mids for me. The master compressor is very audible for me, not sure if that was your intention, but the mix ducks pretty hard in response to the snare cracks. Most mixes I've heard of this one have really overcompensated for the inherent darkness of the tracks by making them way too bright, but in your case I wonder if maybe it's a little too dark. I didn't put it on an analyzer or anything but something is telling me the mix could pull back a bit from 300 to 600 and come forward a little bit from 1k to 3/4k.

Really cool ideas on this mix, the sinister, plodding punch is an effective mix approach. I like that you went with a more ambient sound than many of the other mixes, too.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!