Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugar - pop-ish mix
It is an AOR-styled radio-friendly mix, please be as rude with the mix as possible Smile

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.38 MB)

(06-03-2024, 10:37 AM)bertrand Wrote: It is an AOR-styled radio-friendly mix, please be as rude with the mix as possible Smile
Disclaimer! My opinion doesn't pretend to the truth in the last instance, it's just an opinion and it can be destructive, like any other opinions. Anybody knows it, but anyway it's better to say than not. I have listened the material from my Sennheisers, because there is no capability today to listen it from the monitors. What can I say?

Firstly, I hear the sound of tape machine. In the beginning of the track it sounds too bright, I recommend to wait a little and to switch it on after the 15th second, when it will sounds as organic part of the mix. The second moment is the sound of acoustic guitars, I found it to bassy. Maybe it will be better to make the sound more airy, now, I guess, it sounds too tight. Thirdly, I think there is too much compression, not in master section, but on the instruments itself. I feel a very high thresholds, the mix is consistent, but it will be perceived more fresh and less overdrived if the levels of a threshold and, sometimes, ratio will be reduced. Some instruments clames more transients / fast attacks. Sometimes I had noticed an unnecessary harshness of the guitars, in few moments. The clarity is cool, I like it. The vocal is magnificent, the drums is not bad. Give to this mix a little more cleanness and air, and everything will be great. Keep it up!
PC Intel Core i7 32 Gb RAM | Steinberg UR824 / Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid | Adam A8X | Sennheiser HD 600 | Ableton 
[email protected]
TG: @Prosperity_Sound