Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ferryboat Men - The Winds Of Gypsy Moor
Pretty nice song to mix, hope it turned out nicely
I didn't like too much how the snare came out, so I've tried to blend a bit of a snare sample

Let me know what you think

Edit (v1 R02) - 08.03.2024
Some changes suggested by Mixinthecloud

Cheers

.mp3    The Ferryboat Men - The Winds Of Gypsy Moor v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 10.73 MB)

.mp3    The Ferryboat Men - The Winds Of Gypsy Moor v1 R02.mp3 --  (Download: 10.7 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Good stuff. Well presented. There is something about your bass guitar which feels slightly off. I think I understand where you are going with it, but at times it feels a bit too present. There are also times it is right in the pocket. Considering the importance of the bass in this song I might do some volume automation across the different sections. A very minor issue on an otherwise well stated mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey Mixinthecloud,

Thanks for listening and for your feedback.
Yes, I feel that too about the bass.
To be honest. I've just tried to level it a bit with mild compression, but I usually "slam" the hell out of the it, just to even it out!!
I felt for this song, it needs to be more relaxed, but I guess I didn't use enough compression to begin with

Cheers
(07-03-2024, 04:17 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hey Mixinthecloud,

Thanks for listening and for your feedback.
Yes, I feel that too about the bass.
To be honest. I've just tried to level it a bit with mild compression, but I usually "slam" the hell out of the it, just to even it out!!
I felt for this song, it needs to be more relaxed, but I guess I didn't use enough compression to begin with

Cheers
It may be more environment than compression but see where it takes you.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Nice work well done.
Thanks Rustyruss!!
New revision added, minor changes suggested by Mixinthecloud