Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Me - Facing The Truth
Hi,

My mix.

Cheers!

Update 1.0: Backed off the vocal effects a bit.

.mp3    Rock Me - Facing The Truth.mp3 --  (Download: 10.34 MB)

.mp3    Rock Me - Facing The Truth 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 10.34 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hm, what fxs are used on Vocal? some kind of widener? It sounds like its floating on the water. I find it disturbing.
I like the "band" sound very much. Congrats
(27-02-2024, 07:46 PM)Bromek Wrote: Hm, what fxs are used on Vocal? some kind of widener? It sounds like its floating on the water. I find it disturbing.

Yeah, you're right! I was experimenting a little and seems that I have over done it. I've backed it off a bit.

Quote:I like the "band" sound very much. Congrats

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(26-02-2024, 06:27 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

My mix.

Cheers!

Update 1.0: Backed off the vocal effects a bit.

I like your mix.
You have great stereosound and depth in it.
Maybe Vocal is a little bit strong, but that's a matter of taste, so don't listen to me Smile otherwise Good job.
I like your snare, it was my biggest problem in my mix. and I'm still not happy with it in my mix, but can't get it, so it has to be as it is.
I gave a quick listen to Mix 1.0

Overall it feels pretty good. I could maybe a little bit 'meatier' and the 2-3k region could be 'tamed' a bit. Maybe a little lower. I'm just guessing.
I don't find the vocal to be a bit strong, as stated above. I think this song should have a strong vocal. It may have a bit of honk to it though. As the recording itself does in the 700-1500 range.
I think the break guitar could be louder. The energy drops a bit too much at that point.
I think the modulation effect on guitar...2(?) brings it back too much in the mix on the negative part of the cycle and it gets lost.

I like the bass.
I wish the crashes were louder but I get that it's probably better they they're out of the way.
I think the tone overall at the start is great but by later in the song the energy is mostly in the midrange. I know that's pretty much how the song goes and I'm as guilty of that in my own mixes. Still, as a listener it stands out at me. It doesn't feel like it gets bigger. If that makes any sense.

Anyhoo. Good job.
(02-03-2024, 04:25 PM)Roy Wrote: I gave a quick listen to Mix 1.0

Overall it feels pretty good. I could maybe a little bit 'meatier' and the 2-3k region could be 'tamed' a bit. Maybe a little lower. I'm just guessing.

Maybe a bit, although I feel it might need a touch more 3k actually.

Quote:I don't find the vocal to be a bit strong, as stated above. I think this song should have a strong vocal. It may have a bit of honk to it though. As the recording itself does in the 700-1500 range.

I think I did make a couple of cuts in the vocal, maybe somewhere around 500 and 1500Hz.  Possibly could have made one more a little higher up too, but I quite liked the edge.

Quote:I think the break guitar could be louder. The energy drops a bit too much at that point.
I think the modulation effect on guitar...2(?) brings it back too much in the mix on the negative part of the cycle and it gets lost.

Maybe.  I liked the contrast.  Yes, the modulation effect is a bit meh I suppose.  I think it's more that the guitar is pretty thin.  Maybe I could have added some more low end and mids to it perhaps.

Quote:I like the bass.

It's a cool part.

Quote:I wish the crashes were louder but I get that it's probably better they they're out of the way.

I think I felt the OH were a bit much in general, tbh.

Quote:I think the tone overall at the start is great but by later in the song the energy is mostly in the midrange. I know that's pretty much how the song goes and I'm as guilty of that in my own mixes. Still, as a listener it stands out at me. It doesn't feel like it gets bigger. If that makes any sense.

It makes sense.  I think the tone is is pretty much the same at both ends of the mix though?  I think I maybe mixed it a bit more funk than rock perhaps.

Quote:Anyhoo. Good job.

Or, more likely not, eh? Smile.

Appreciate the comments, I kind of thought that might be the case actually.

Cheers!