Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borderline
Nice balanced mix....Love the vocals on this ... they sit really well. Good job
(06-06-2014, 05:00 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Nice balanced mix....Love the vocals on this ... they sit really well. Good job

Thanks
To mix or not to mix ... mix!

I listend the Final-version. I love the overall sound. It's thick and warm, and doesn't feel muddy at all to my ears. Vocal sits very nicely and strongly there. So very good mix to me!

Only thing that's bothering me slightly is that I think I hear too much compressor working with drums. Are the snare hits little suffocated or something? Dark "tea towel" sound is very ok to my ears, but in this case it sounds like a suppressed energy.
(15-06-2014, 11:58 AM)Olli H Wrote: I listend the Final-version. I love the overall sound. It's thick and warm, and doesn't feel muddy at all to my ears. Vocal sits very nicely and strongly there. So very good mix to me!

Only thing that's bothering me slightly is that I think I hear too much compressor working with drums. Are the snare hits little suffocated or something? Dark "tea towel" sound is very ok to my ears, but in this case it sounds like a suppressed energy.

Thanks for the input, Olli. I've posted an updated version below with the snare opened up a bit.
Version three with the snare opened up a bit

.mp3    Borderline 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.42 MB)

I like it
nice vocals especially.. they fit into the mix and not just on top. Can I ask how much time you have into this?
(14-07-2014, 12:24 AM)tgraph Wrote: nice vocals especially.. they fit into the mix and not just on top. Can I ask how much time you have into this?

Thanks. My guess would be three or four hours.