Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secretariat - Borderline lydkjellmix
Gents!

This is my mix of this really good song!

I tried a different approach this time so please comment on what you like/dislike!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: change attachment to the right one Smile

.mp3    Secretariat - Borderline mix 4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.28 MB)

Bass a little bit loud. nice sounding!!!
(29-05-2014, 10:49 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Bass a little bit loud. nice sounding!!!

Hi Mr flyrecords and thanks for listening!

I was a little surprised that you thought there was too much bass in this mix, so I went down in the mancave in the basement and listened to it on my A7s and it sure was heavy on the subbass compared to the tiny Genelecs in the livingroom!!

So, I made a new render where the only instruments I changed was the kickdrum and bass, so that I had the same subjective bass level as in the livingroom.

Another lesson learned... never trust only one speaker set, especially when they are small!

Cheers!

.mp3    Secretariat - Borderline mix 5.mp3 --  (Download: 10.28 MB)

(29-05-2014, 11:47 PM)lydkjell Wrote:
(29-05-2014, 10:49 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Bass a little bit loud. nice sounding!!!

Hi Mr flyrecords and thanks for listening!

I was a little surprised that you thought there was too much bass in this mix, so I went down in the mancave in the basement and listened to it on my A7s and it sure was heavy on the subbass compared to the tiny Genelecs in the livingroom!!

So, I made a new render where the only instruments I changed was the kickdrum and bass, so that I had the same subjective bass level as in the livingroom.

Another lesson learned... never trust only one speaker set, especially when they are small!

Cheers!

TRUE.
Hi All

This is my final mix of this song, after spending some more hours with it.

I'm quite happy with the balance between the instruments and between highs and lows.

Any feedback is good feedback!

Thanks!

.mp3    Secretariat - Borderline mix 7.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

nicely balanced mix...really enjoyed listening to this...good job
(06-06-2014, 07:00 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: nicely balanced mix...really enjoyed listening to this...good job

Thanks for listening and for your kind comment! Smile
Hi

Had another go at this song, started from scratch after I've heard Tom Pettys "You Dont Know How It Feels". Tom Pettys song has a very unique drumsound, with a lot of roommics in the mix, so I tried to, not copy, but be inspired by this sound when I started to mix Borderline again.

I'm quite happy with this mix, I think it sounds more "mature" or "experienced" or even "professional" than the last mix.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!

.mp3    SECRETARIAT - BORDERLINE JOBBEN.mp3 --  (Download: 10.49 MB)