Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: You are the One - FXOjafar's mix
They were epic in 1975!

The challenge was to present a modern, full sounding and crisp mix without too much noise from a somewhat degraded tape.

Call it "digitally remastered" Smile

I hope I did the song justice.

DAW: Reason 7.1
Headphones: Sony MDR-XB900 (Mix and Mastering)

.mp3    Street Noise - You are the one.mp3 --  (Download: 15.63 MB)

Good job. You've managed to avoid it sounding like all the inst. are fighting for space which is the problem in my mix. I really like that delay when it kicks in at the start but I think it muddies things up a bit latter in the song.Smile
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi

Nice sounding mix enjoyed listening ,I like the effects ,could be a touch upfront which is a personal taste thing I find difficult to judge mixing with headphonesBig Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

A little too much with the kick up front for me. Makes it hard to get good volume for the guitars in my particular environment.

I wonder if an additional 250ms or thereabouts on that delay might make it a little more interesting in the intro. (But you probably want to see what happens if cut the volume on it about 30%. Might fix the "muddy" problem thedon mentioned, of course it also might make it far worse.... It is especially a concern about 4:10 when it really starts moving.) Interesting effects with the reverb on the vocals.

It's an interesting take on the song, to be sure.
Old West Audio