Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brightstar Alliance - Error 404 (Blackcapaudio mix)
Wanted to this mix to be a wall that just hits you and surges back and forth like a wave. Vocals and Guitars all came in great, biggest trouble I had was keeping the drums present and hitting consistently. I've heard it on other mixes as well and includes mine where the occasional snare hit will jump out in the low mids or something.

On the other hand I just used the provided drums, including the toms as I found the crash that bleeds through on some of their bigger hits was a nice little transition effect so I left it in. Also chopped off the intro for the sake of anybody in here listening as we've all heard the intro plenty by now haha.

I am using Mixbus compression at about 1-2db of gain reduction and the limiter is only chopping off up to 2.5db occasionally on the aforementioned pokey drum hits. I probably could push it a little bit louder overall as this is actually one of my quieter uploads LUFS-wise (ironic given the genre), but this just happened to be where I bounced it out at. May look into that just to make it a bit more competitive but we'll see.

Thanks!

.mp3    The Brightstar Alliance - Error 404 (Blackcapaudio Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.86 MB)