Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Borderline Flymix
that beautiful song, mixing a bit misleading but beautiful.
Hope you like

from Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    Borderline.mp3 --  (Download: 10.43 MB)

Love the clarity of the vocal and acoustic guitars and the balance in regards to these elements but I think the snare is a bit loud. And the delay on elec. GTR_3 muddies it up a bit too much.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi

(27-05-2014, 03:29 PM)NosMos Wrote: Love the clarity of the vocal and acoustic guitars and the balance in regards to these elements but I think the snare is a bit loud. And the delay on elec. GTR_3 muddies it up a bit too much.

you are right friend, I realized this morning when I went back to listen at breakfast, is exactly what you say. I'm a little sick, is the beginning of the cold here and will suffer a lot, perhaps too hasty was my first mix.
I hope you like this new and everyone likes.

from Argentina

Sergio

hope you like now.

Sergio

.mp3    Borderline Final.mp3 --  (Download: 10.42 MB)

(27-05-2014, 03:51 PM)flyrecords Wrote: hope you like now.

Sergio

Very nice, Sergio Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
muy buena mezcla, Sergio! me gusta mucho el ambiente que le has dado! eso es algo que aún tengo que perfeccionar porque al cerrar los ojos, me puedo imaginar perfectamente al grupo allí encima de un escenario en un pequeño concierto. Por cierto, cuídate ese resfriado...
mixing since April 2013
(27-05-2014, 06:15 PM)bmullen Wrote:

Sergio

Very nice, Sergio Smile

Thanks Bob !!!
(27-05-2014, 06:50 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: muy buena mezcla, Sergio! me gusta mucho el ambiente que le has dado! eso es algo que aún tengo que perfeccionar porque al cerrar los ojos, me puedo imaginar perfectamente al grupo allí encima de un escenario en un pequeño concierto. Por cierto, cuídate ese resfriado...

Gracias Juan, si me esta tratando muy mal el comienzo de los frios x aqui, mucha gripe virosica dando vueltas x aqui.

Un abrazo amigo!!!

Sergio
Much better. really nice mixSmile
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi

Well let me put it this way. My main complaints about your first attempt were the snare being too loud and the guitars being panned too hard left and right.

And here you went and fixed both problems. Tongue

Not only that, but I just love the subtle echo effect you put on 09_ElecGtr3! And such a nice, dynamic sound! Out of curiosity I ran it through the TT Dynamic Range Meter and got a reading of *16* dB! Very nice! It's gratifying to see an engineer who's not afraid to use that dynamic range rather than compress it all away! Love it! Big Grin

So yes. I like. In fact, my own mix notwithstanding, I think this is the best mix of this song so far. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince