Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf - Wicked
Hello

Here is my mix. Or at least the first version.
Feel free to comment or just enjoy the music.

version history
01: first try
02: reduced low end, vocal automation

.mp3    Wicked 01 Master 01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.09 MB)

.mp3    Wicked 02 Master 01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.09 MB)

Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
You have a very bad problem with your monitor situation.
really like the timbre on your vocals...nice EQ. They sound slightly distant in choruses

getting some volume swelling from the delay effects on the guitar in intro and verses...not sure if this is deliberate.

(22-05-2014, 10:00 PM)takka360 Wrote: You have a very bad problem with your monitor situation.
It is the low end again? Blush
I reduced it a little bit.
I had a linear phase eq in master and a low shelf filter on. Could that bring up ringing that I just couldn't hear?

(10-06-2014, 05:11 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: really like the timbre on your vocals...nice EQ. They sound slightly distant in choruses

getting some volume swelling from the delay effects on the guitar in intro and verses...not sure if this is deliberate.
I added some level and eq automation. Hopefully the vocal cut better now.
But I didn't want it to sound like a normal lead vocal in a mix but somehow distant however clear as the genre is "atmospheric pop".

There is a long spring reverb in guitars again for some kind of ambience sound that build up slowly.
And also volume automation to give room for the vocal.

Thank you both for your feedback.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
Listening to your second mix ,I like the effects and balance , in the chorus the cymbals sound a just touch bright around 12-13 k ,which is one thing I also have to fix in my mix Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Interesting take on this track.. very different from my own mix... i like your delay work on the vocals Big Grin

the guitars in the choruses need equing a bit more and pushing back in the mix for me as they're interfering with the vocal, i like your treatment of the guitars on the verses though.... classy!

The lead voice isn't the strongest voice to be fair so it's kinda hard getting it to compete with the guitars in the choruses.... i used a lot of 'thickening' and decapitator on the choruses to help....

Some nice stuff going on.... for me if you sort the chorus, guitars and lead vox that'll be a really nice mix.... top work!