Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitch Up
Trying some things. It's a bit rough.
Thoughts?

.mp3    BN_StitchUp-Mx01b.mp3 --  (Download: 8.22 MB)

Well balanced mix. I like your top-end. Any particular tips for it?
(08-01-2024, 06:06 PM)mementus Wrote: Well balanced mix. I like your top-end. Any particular tips for it?
Thanks for listening.
I don't know if I have any particular tips for high end. I'm generally bad at it and just wing it. I'd say don't just eq in solo. Make sure what you're doing compliments the rest of the the tracks as a opposed to just sounding good on it's own. A snare might sound good with the high end boosted but also brings up the hi-hat leakage and when the drums are all up the hi hat overpowers everything.

Cut harsh frequencies and try cutting out high end on instruments that don't need it to give more room for the parts that do.

Try de-essers on instruments other than vocals.

I have an eq on the mix bus that brings up some over all high end by a couple of dB. I think that gives me a better starting point for the tracks and makes me do less boost on the individual tracks.

Consider using distortion or saturation to help add some high end harmonics.

Aim for a darker mix. It's better to bring up the high end at the mix bus or in mastering than to have to fight to bring them back.

I dunno. I think that's it. I just woke up. Maybe someone else will see this and have some other/better tips.

Cheers!