Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skelpolu: 'Resurrection'
Here's my mix of my favorite Skelpolu's songs for the time being!

Comments are welcomed as usual Smile

.mp3    Skelpolu - Resurrection.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Hi Juan,
One thing that is jumping out to me is that the snare almost sounds like a rim shot. Maybe the bass could come up a tad, too.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hi, Bob! thank you for your suggestions! yes, you were right. The snare needed some retouching... and here it is! I've added 1 db to the bass, so it can be a little bit louder.

.mp3    Skelpolu - Resurrection.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Hey there Juanjose!
Sorry for the delayed feedback, I've had no time to do anything BUT mixing & mastering my own EP until the today - as it has just been released. Smile
In any case, I notice right of the bat that you used a neat, creative LFO-filter with some Reso on the intro-synth - very nice, I'm digging it!
What I'm digging even more is the delay effect on that bass-support-synth - Gotta love that!
Something I see in nearly all mixes of this track is the rather dry-sounding intro - I left out the reverb & delay in the multitrack-download, but I do recommend everyone to add at least some kind of reverb, just to fill in the gaps in the intro. Smile

The sound is balanced between the tracks and there's only subjective things that could be said. You're not mixing for the first time, that makes it clear.
Though do check for mono-compability. I feel that you sit on the right-hand-side of your desk, as the synth there is rather quiet and weak ( due to panning ESPECIALLY noticable in Mono ) and you should work on that than the snare - the snare is alright, but do check for compability for single-speaker performance.

Cheers, check by on my site for the EP some time! Smile