Poll: How?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YOU ARE DEAF! F*CKYOU!
0%
0 0%
It rocks
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todays The Day new (without channel skip)
ok. The idea was dont skip any of the channels. Check it out, and tell. I have spoken 
[Image: image.png]

.mp3    EatTheFeeder-Today`sTheDay.mp3 --  (Download: 9.84 MB)

Hi!

I'd suggest dropping the poll. It's not really that kind of forum. We also try and mind our language, as per the forum rules.

With that out the way - I have some thoughts:

First off, this style of music is really challenging to mix, as you want to try and give the the impression of everything being loud, upfront and in your face all at once, which isn't at all easy, to say the least. Ok. To me this mix sounds kind of distant. The reason for that is that reverb tends to push things back in a mix. When starting out, the general advice is if you can hear it, it's too much. You'll get the hang of how much to use, and when, with practice. With this track you might even be able to get away with using no effects at all, aside from a little reverb on the vocal, and perhaps the snare.

The mix sounds a little dull overall. If you look on a spectrum analyser, you'll see it drops off around the 3kHz mark? Put an eq on the master bus with a 6db high shelf around 3KHz and it'll sound a lot better. Causes of this are generally spending too much time mixing in long stretches without taking a break, monitoring too loud, and not comparing your mix with other professionally mixed releases.

Mix balance. Check out some pro mixed tracks you like, and really listen to the volume relationship between the drums, guitars and vocals.

Some other tips:

Master bus - put the limiter last in the chain - to keep a lid on everything. (Unless you are just using the F6 rta as an analyser).

Mix grouping. You can do this how you like. I find it's quicker to use folder tracks to create busses for each instrument section, so I'll have a folder for drums + drum fx, guitars + all guitar fx, lead vocals + lead vocal fx, etc. I find it keeps things neat and organised. I also find it helps to colour all the channels too, so you instantly know what they are. You can also create sub folders to group the two overhead tracks, etc, so you can process them with as a pair with one eq, rather than having to do it individually.

Good luck, and hope that helps a little with getting you on your way.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi, thank you for the feedback! 

Yesterday worked out next version of mix - a lot of issues was found (for example polarity panic in drums, 120 Hz hpf on 2nd kick mic, muted drum-room, and bass was also awfull)

Today fixed a lot of reveb problems - now it is another type of modeled space for guitar, and slightly less of rev signal mixed to master bus. Also deleted all unused effects, and add an EQ to master

P.S. I didn`t able to find how to drop the poll, the help shall be appreciated

.mp3    EatTheFeeder-Today`sTheDay.mp3 --  (Download: 9.84 MB)

Hi!

Ah - I've done a quick test and I can see that you'd actually need to delete this thread and repost to drop the poll. My comment regarding that was more down to the fact that it's preferred that mix discussion is kept clean and positive, so it's more something to bear in mind for future posts.

Anyway, moving on, I'm hoping to have some free time later on today so I'll be back to check out the latest mix revision.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!