Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tipping Point - Tears for Fears
Hi Mike
I've always had a very soft spot for 80's pop and TFF in particular, (although I always thought their musicianship elevated them out of that 'pop' category). So even though I'm always cautious about 'pension top-up' comebacks, I bought this CD last year and not stopped listening since. 
To my ears they've kept their 80's signature songwriting and sonics but are right up to date with clean and sophisticated mixing and production techniques. If you're not familiar, the whole CD is worth a listen but maybe the title track would be a good Mix Review candidate?
Cheers
Steve
(20-10-2023, 10:04 AM)Dark Lane Wrote: Hi Mike
I've always had a very soft spot for 80's pop and TFF in particular, (although I always thought their musicianship elevated them out of that 'pop' category). So even though I'm always cautious about 'pension top-up' comebacks, I bought this CD last year and not stopped listening since. 
To my ears they've kept their 80's signature songwriting and sonics but are right up to date with clean and sophisticated mixing and production techniques. If you're not familiar, the whole CD is worth a listen but maybe the title track would be a good Mix Review candidate?
Cheers
Steve
Thanks for the tip -- I'll try to give it a listen! Smile