Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tall Heights"Spirit Cold" (Mixed by Ram)
My first headphone mix using sonarworks, I'd be very happy if anyone give me some feedback. Thanks.

.mp3    Spirit Cold Tall Heights mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.37 MB)

Hi Ram, for my ears, it is a bit overloaded at about 1kHz.
I pushed down ca 6db with bell band on your mix and it sounded better for me.
I think the reverb make these frequences more present.
Sometimes reverb interferes to much with vocals.

Hopefully it helps you to make better mixes, although these recommendations are made by a layman and beginner.

Good luck
(16-10-2023, 09:32 AM)cep Wrote: Hi Ram, for my ears, it is a bit overloaded at about 1kHz.
I pushed down ca 6db with bell band on your mix and it sounded better for me.
I think the reverb make these frequences more present.
Sometimes  reverb interferes to much with vocals.

Hopefully it helps you to make better mixes, although these recommendations are made by a layman and beginner.

Good luck
Thanks for your feedback. I did not notice that 1kHz was poking out. I completely agree with you.  
It sounds much better for the track with reduced 1kHz. 
I tamed that region on some reverb tracks and also I compressed vocals with using multiband compressor. (for the vocals, I automated to bypass the multiband when the break comes in)
I attached the new mix here.
Anyway, thank you so much it was very helpful and sorry about my awful english. 
Cheers. Smile

.mp3    Spirit Cold Tall Heights mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.3 MB)

Thanks for your feedback. I did not notice that 1kHz was poking out. I completely agree with you.  
It sounds much better for the track with reduced 1kHz. 
I tamed that region on some reverb tracks and also I compressed vocals with using multiband compressor. (for the vocals, I automated to bypass the multiband when the break comes in)
I attached the new mix here.
Anyway, thank you so much it was very helpful and sorry about my awful english. 
Cheers. Smile

Another issue: I saw (yes, it shoud be heard and not seen  Smile , but I was listnenig with poor headphones ) on side (mid-side) plenty of low range freqences, even  beneath 50Hz. I think it is not wrong to low-cut them up to 100Hz out of side. 

Did you use a reference track at all? If yes, wich one?

You don't need to be sorry for your English, it is also not my every day language, either not for many users here. With today's capabilities, that's no longer a problem.

Best regards