Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil - Timeless Part 1
Hi!! Mixing and Mastering is my hobbie to do when i'm not busy.
I'm not a professional so any feedback are welcome
(This is my very first post on this site)  Big Grin Big Grin 

about a song
I decide to change the ending of the song so it is might be a little weird.

.mp3    Timeless V1 2023.mp3 --  (Download: 9.61 MB)

Hello! Thank you for trying out this song, I really appreciate you doing a mix of it, and I hope you choose to do many more Big Grin
Before I get into criticisms, I want to give you some positives:
1) I love the drum tone! It sounds really good and I love the balance of the overheads and shells. It sounds really solid.
2) The vocals are sufficiently bright and upfront! They definitely carry the vibe of the track well
3) The overall blend is really pretty. I like it a lot.
4) I love how warm the guitar tones are. They're so pretty, and I'm glad you were able to get them to fit well in context of the mix. Especially that lead tone. It's super warm!
5) I like the approach you took to the screams at the end! I held them out forever so it feels good to know that they're appreciated lol
6) I love your changed ending to the song! It's what I would've done if it was a single, and didn't blend into the next track on the record haha

Now here's some things I'd adjust:
1) The chorus harmonies are a bit buried. These choruses have MASSIVE harmonies and blends of tons of layers, by design.
2) The vocals are a little bit too dry, especially during the intimate moments when they need to be really cheesy and buried in reverb haha.
3) I feel like you could probably limit this a little bit more on the master buss and it would glue things together really nicely, but if I got this as a mastering engineer I'd be satisfied that I could make it translate well across different systems with just those 2 tweaks above!

Overall, GREAT first mix on this site. I'm impressed and quite happy you did it! Thank you so much,
-Phil (from MekaPhil)