Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf - 'Wicked'
here's my mix of this song. I wanted to give it a fresh and juvenile mood to it. Let's see if I succeeded or not!!

Comments are welcomed as usual Smile

.mp3    Leaf - Wicked.mp3 --  (Download: 4.29 MB)

mixing since April 2013
I like the vibe !
The guitars in the verse and the chorus cutting through nicely,the panned guitar that starts a 0.08 and the panned guitar in the chorus sounds a touch harsh around the 3.5 - 5 k area Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you, Don! I've checked on those guitars and I think it's alright now.

For some reason I have an association between trebble and young vibe, and that's why there was too much in the guitars Confused

.mp3    Leaf - Wicked.mp3 --  (Download: 4.29 MB)

mixing since April 2013
There is a some hi frequency build up happening in the chorus, not sure if the guitar could come down a touch and the top end of the snare and cymbals frequencies could be clashing ,but I haven't downloaded this one yet to see whats going on in the multitracks Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(15-05-2014, 09:03 PM)thedon Wrote: There is a some hi frequency build up happening in the chorus, not sure if the guitar could come down a touch and the top end of the snare and cymbals frequencies could be clashing ,but I haven't downloaded this one yet to see whats going on in the multitracks Big Grin.

It sounds to me like the extra upper registers on the guitars are interfering with the hats and vis versa. That's probably the source of the brittleness. Generally it's best in my opinion to reduce the highs on electric guitars because of the dense harmonics in all registers... the vocals and cymbals really need that space in the mix more. Otherwise I think it sounds really good, Juan!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!