Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - 1st mix
First approach to the mix.  Big Grin

.mp3    DarkRide_DenyControl_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Short version: It`s okay for a first mix, but the vocals are way, way too loud, the drums don`t push enough, and the guitars don`t sound aggressive enough compared with the original mix.

Long version: I don`t "feel" anything while listening to the mix, which is a good indicator that the levels between the instruments are off. E.g. the guitars and the drums in the original mix push like crazy, while I feel none of that in this mix. There are also some weird soundbites here and there, e.g. a super strange off-the-grid snare accent right after the breakdown that isn`t audible in the original track, missing guitar licks (e.g. the short vocal solo track that was sent through distortion), plus a bunch of other small but fun accents across all of the tracks.

All in all, I have to give respect that you stayed mostly true to our original sound, but the mix needs more attention to detail and a lot of automation to create those special moments where you feel the urge to bang your head. At this point, it`s a rather flat and static mix, but it`s a good starting point to improve it from here, though.