Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris93 Mix
Here we go, any comments and tips welcome.

Big Grin

Chris

.mp3    Forkupines Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.22 MB)

Nicely balanced mix though the drums are quite low and in danger of getting buried at some points. Perhaps some parallel compression on the drums, to help them cut through the wall of guitars would help.
You're right Smile I didn't do anything much with the drums other than compress the subgroup. I've just got the triggers in the mix rather than putting samples in.

The vocal delays are a bit too much in the intro before the rest of the mix comes in to hide them, I'll need some automation to fix that.

Chris
(25-05-2014, 05:58 PM)Chris93 Wrote: The vocal delays are a bit too much in the intro before the rest of the mix comes in to hide them, I'll need some automation to fix that.

I wouldn't; I love those! Big Grin True, pronounced echo effects like that don't normally work with this kind of music but I think, in this particular instance; they're awesome the way they are.

In fact, I loved this entire mix from stem to stern. You've got a nice wide stereo image, nice definition out of the vocals (though they could be a tiny bit sharper in tone) and a nice thick low end (something I always look for myself).

There was one thing I didn't like, though. The "chipmunk" effect on the vocal at 2:15 was seriously jarring; I felt like Alvin had dashed up on stage and scurried away with the microphone and stole the show for a moment. The "broken" effect was neat; I think you should keep that but I'd put up a squirrel feeder to catch that little bugger before he can get to the stage if I were you... Tongue

Other than that, I really enjoyed this! Nice work!
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince