Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Piece of me
mixed with ssl and mastered analogue.

.mp3    DarkRide_PieceOfMe_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 12.25 MB)

DB OLDHOUSE RECORDS GEAR:
Apple M2 
Universal Audio Interface
Pro Tools
Analog Outgear:
Drawmer 1974 EQ
Heritage Audio Successor
Bettermaker Mastering Limiter
Nice mix, I really like the beefy bass, it hits hard with the kick and fills up some of the free space when the guitars play the melodies. Kick and Snare hit too hard at the beginning of the bridge and you need to drop the intensity (velocity) of the samples to make them sound softer, but the buildup to the climax is great. Btw. I´m also missing my small buildup solo right before the last part of the chorus - without the short rising guitar melody, something is missing.

Overall, this is one of the best mixes of this song on this forum. The balance and clarity are great and I love how almost every little piece (of this song) has its own little space without having to fight with other parts.
(22-10-2023, 03:30 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Nice mix, I really like the beefy bass, it hits hard with the kick and fills up some of the free space when the guitars play the melodies. Kick and Snare hit too hard at the beginning of the bridge and you need to drop the intensity (velocity) of the samples to make them sound softer, but the buildup to the climax is great. Btw. I´m also missing my small buildup solo right before the last part of the chorus - without the short rising guitar melody, something is missing.

Overall, this is one of the best mixes of this song on this forum. The balance and clarity are great and I love how almost every little piece (of this song) has its own little space without having to fight with other parts.
Thank you so much Smile It was really fun to mix this song, thank you for that Smile
Apple M2 
Pro Tools
Analog Outgear:
Drawmer 1974 EQ
Heritage Audio Successor
Hi!

Wow, this mix sounds really good! Nice work!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(02-11-2023, 10:20 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Wow, this mix sounds really good! Nice work!

Cheers!
Thank you Smile
Apple M2 
Pro Tools
Analog Outgear:
Drawmer 1974 EQ
Heritage Audio Successor