Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTIONS! - Devil's Words MIX
Hi everyone! 
I tried my hand at this great song. Had some trouble fitting in the chorus vocals. Hope to get some useful feedback from you!

Edit: I applied some of the suggestions, I think it improved the flow of the song. Let me know what you think guys!

.mp3    ACTIONS - Devil\'s Words MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

.mp3    ACTIONS - Devil\'s Words MIX V2.5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

(01-08-2023, 02:52 PM)leon_hardy Wrote: Hi everyone! 
I tried my hand at this great song. Had some trouble fitting in the chorus vocals. Hope to get some useful feedback from you!
Hey leon,

as you kindly gave constructive feedback on my mix, i will try to give some on yours!

Nice fade in effect on the intro, I like the overall balance, drum sound is powerful and controlled, cymbals i find to be a bit overpowering in certain parts also a tad too harsh.
Guitars work nicely. Lead Vocal could have a bit more ambience and a gentle longer reverb tail, the fitting problem in the chorus, my mix also suffers from that one, i would try to multiband sidechain the guitars to the leadvocal, 1-2 db of reduction on the guitars in the 1 khz region when the vocal kick ins could be a good starting point. I noticed some kind of modulation effect when the backing vocals kick in, thats maybe to prominent, backing Vocals could also be thinned out in the midrange to better gel with the Lead. The intersections between the different parts (where the drum fills are happening) are a bit to empty, i solved this by automating longer reverb throws on the snare/toms/vocals for those sections.
All in all i think your mix works well, one of the best ones in here i listened to.
Hi Flowie! 
Thank you for checking out my mix. I paid attention to all of the things you pointed out and you're absolutely right, I'll try to sidechain the guitars during the chorus section. I also agree with the need for better drum transitions and less harshness in the cymbals, I'll experiment with the reverb throws you suggested. Thank you so much for the kind words, I'll try to upload a revision as soon as I can.