Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Piece Of MeV2'
This was a fun song! I gave it a bright presence, and it's a little bit loud at -7 lufs Smile

V2 - New mix! Darker, less loud, more Dynamics -12Lufs

.mp3    Piece Of Me.mp3 --  (Download: 9.77 MB)

.mp3    Piece Of MeV2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.77 MB)

Hey mate, I apologize, but I had to stop listening to the mix because the high frequencies were overly tiring. Additionally, it seemed like a flanger effect was applied at times to the mix, especially on some of the rhythm guitar parts, which sounded very unusual.

Furthermore, I suggest working on the overall flow of the song, as it lacks a proper buildup. Each part seems to maintain the same energy and loudness without any progression. Even the intended buildup in the middle of the song doesn't feel delicate as it should; instead, it resembles the rest of the mix but without the rhythm guitars.

Hope that helps Smile
(31-07-2023, 04:40 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Hey mate, I apologize, but I had to stop listening to the mix because the high frequencies were overly tiring. Additionally, it seemed like a flanger effect was applied at times to the mix, especially on some of the rhythm guitar parts, which sounded very unusual.

Furthermore, I suggest working on the overall flow of the song, as it lacks a proper buildup. Each part seems to maintain the same energy and loudness without any progression. Even the intended buildup in the middle of the song doesn't feel delicate as it should; instead, it resembles the rest of the mix but without the rhythm guitars.

Hope that helps Smile
Hello and thanks for the comments!

I'm sorry the first mix was so bad. I mixed it at a very low volume so the overall brightness wasn't so noticeable to me. I re-did the mix with V2 and kept everything much darker. I also gave more attention to the dynamics of everything, to keep the songs progression. I gave everything a natural feel, and tried not to over do it.

I hope this 2nd version is more to the vision!