Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bright Star Alliance - Error 404: Feedback Welcome
Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum. I discovered this website as I was searching for ways to brush up on some mixing chops post-pandemic. I've been out of the game for a bit and I'm at a new-to-me mixing space, but I've been thinking about putting myself out there again and wanted to get some input on a mix before I open shop just to iron out any kinks. 

Thanks for taking a look!

(mix is brought to level with Waves L3 limiter, but I wouldn't consider it mastered otherwise)

.mp3    MIX PRACTICE BRIGHT STAR ALLIANCE.mp3 --  (Download: 10.65 MB)

(17-07-2023, 04:39 PM)mynmiseman Wrote: Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum. I discovered this website as I was searching for ways to brush up on some mixing chops post-pandemic. I've been out of the game for a bit and I'm at a new-to-me mixing space, but I've been thinking about putting myself out there again and wanted to get some input on a mix before I open shop just to iron out any kinks. 

(mix is brought to level with Waves L3 limiter, but I wouldn't consider it mastered otherwise)

Sounds great, well balanced and drums are sounding huge.
Sounds awesome. The vocals sound wide and full, really well done. The snare and kick are fat and heavy and feel good.

The only technical feedback I have is something I noticed at 1:34. The tom fill causes all of the instruments to duck out of the way, and it's noticeably quieter for a second.

Great job, though. You put a lot more care into the bridge sound effects than I did.
(13-11-2023, 02:58 AM)seiken Wrote: Sounds awesome. The vocals sound wide and full, really well done. The snare and kick are fat and heavy and feel good.

The only technical feedback I have is something I noticed at 1:34. The tom fill causes all of the instruments to duck out of the way, and it's noticeably quieter for a second.

Great job, though. You put a lot more care into the bridge sound effects than I did.

Thank you so much for the kind words! And yeah, I totally hear what you're talking about. Looks like my limiter was getting slammed by those toms. I appreciate the note!
(24-09-2023, 11:41 AM)sondretski Wrote:
(17-07-2023, 04:39 PM)mynmiseman Wrote: Hello all,

Sounds great, well balanced and drums are sounding huge.

I really appreciate that! This was a great song for working on balancing dense material. I'm glad it worked out!