Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
way too much-Fatykyte
I spent a few weeks, maybe more, to learn a couple things I wanted to learn, phase and pumping. They sounded similar to my ears and I wanted to learn to be able to tell the difference, a vital skill to have as a mixer, imo.
They say "practice makes perfect" and "the devil is in the details". Armed with those in mind I dug deep on this mix. I find that my mix improves quite a bit each time I learned something.
What I found with getting rid of phase and control the pumping from the compressor in a mix likened to cleaning the window. The view becomes clearer and one can see more details. A lack of phase cancellation and pumping helped me hear instruments better leading to better moves. I highly recommend learning it.
* Thanks to Roy for being kind enough to send me some material about phase. It contributes to my mix. My mix owes its life to all of you. I participated but mostly reactive. I am still learning, for there's just too much to learn in this business, right? But I do have all the intention to ride this one out, all the way, no matter what. Thanks, man.

.mp3    3rd-fytakyte-toomuch-Trampmix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Hi SonicTramp very nice to listen to,lovely space in this mix,my only concern is the chorus guitars!!! they feel a little bit too much of 1k,iam not sure if its me or what but thats how i feel,very nice mix though,well done.
Reaper user
Hey man, Nice mix! those drums sound MUCH more clear and punchy. The time you spent has paid dividends.
There were a couple of ideas that came to mind. more in the mix polishing vain.
The vocal seemed a bit loud on the first verse.
I don't know if you do this but I felt maybe the drum bus volume could be automated.
Down on the verses and up on the choruses. sometimes it doesn't take much, even a 0.5 db can be noticable.
Maybe Automate the drum room up some on the last chores? Push up the drum fills in spots or push up some of the 1 beats. IDK just thinking out loud.
I feel that would help the energy to build. Anyways great work!
Cheers