Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges (Mix/master)
Well, I'm new here, and now I think I'm in the right forum.

I had posted my mix on the "mastering" forum because I had already mastered it hahahahaha, but now I understand how it works. Good here goes!

Hope you like it!

The music is pretty cool, and it made for a pretty cool sound too!

.mp3    DarkRide - Burning Bridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.76 MB)

The idea in the C-Part is intriguing, although the timing isn't quite precise, resulting in the guitars sounding chaotic, as if a noise gate is randomly cutting off notes. Nonetheless, I appreciate the concept of creating space, and if executed correctly, it could greatly enhance the song. If we were to re-record this track, I would definitely incorporate your idea and revise that section. So, kudos to you for making a creative decision that has the potential to improve the song. It's rare to see such choices being made on this forum, let alone choices that genuinely enhance the overall composition.

Regarding the mix itself, I perceive a slight harshness in the sound. It could be attributed to my headphones, but the upper mids and highs come across as piercing and unpleasant, especially when it comes to the vocals. However, everything else, including the balance, seems to be fine.
Hello Blitzz, thank you very much for the reply and the notes. I will make a second version and apply some improvements taking your analysis into account.

and it's true, the modified part was a little out of time, I'll try to fix it. I did it that way, because the bass does an amazing job on this part, and the guitar was stealing the show with a riff that's too simple.
Well I made a second version with some improvements. These are very subtle changes, but I believe it is a little more balanced now.

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning Bridges.mp3 --  (Download: 3.5 MB)

Hey  Big Grin I also mixed and mastered this Song. Dark Ride are my favs on this page.
Greetings

.mp3    DarkRide_BurningBridges_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.9 MB)

DB OLDHOUSE RECORDS GEAR:
Apple M2 
Universal Audio Interface
Pro Tools
Analog Outgear:
Drawmer 1974 EQ
Heritage Audio Successor
Bettermaker Mastering Limiter