Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fytakyte - Too Much
I really like the intro so... I didn't cut it
Let me know if it turned out fine

Cheers

Edit (v1 R02) 
- cleaning up the tom tracks, as there was too much low-end bleed (kick especially)
- backing up some reverb send for kick

.mp3    FytaKyte - Too Much v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.66 MB)

.mp3    Fyta Kyte - Too Much v1 R02.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Your mix is generally good. I am hearing some kind of low-end waddling which feels like low-end reverb content muddling up the bass/kick meld. I think if you can clean that up this will really sing.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks, Mixinthecloud, for listening and for your feedback.

You're not wrong, actually, I think it's the reverb send for my overall drums, and also the kick is in there too, and that send may be too much
I will revise the mix

Cheers
New version added

Cheers
R02 is better but now the bass guitar could now use some attention. It feels too thick in the same areas. Might like to hear a bit more environment on the lead vocal as well. It seems just a bit detached from the ensemble. Still, very nice work.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey, thanks man for your feedback.
One thing is for sure, I never high-pass the lower part of the bass more than 20Hz (I always split it in Highs and Lows for separate processing).
It might be that my choice of Amp Model for the Bass DI introduces some unwanted low rumble on it, and I haven't heard it, or haven't paid too much attention to it

Guess I'll need to pay more attention to this in the future.

I always tend to overdo the reverb and delays on the vocals, so I thought I would back down a bit of that in my finals moves
Will surely revise it in the near future

Thanks again,
Cheers
(10-06-2023, 10:34 AM)filipandrei Wrote: Thanks, Mixinthecloud, for listening and for your feedback.

You're not wrong, actually, I think it's the reverb send for my overall drums, and also the kick is in there too, and that send may be too much
I will revise the mix

Cheers
Inserting a hi-pass pre-verb will clean up the low-end.
Hey Tambo Man,

That's true, and for sure, all my reverbs have a hi-pass (don't remember if they are pre or post), but they do have it

Cheers!