Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who I am mix
Hi, this is my mix...
Tell me please where i have to change something! Smile
Thanks!

.mp3    Bounced mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.08 MB)

cert. PT9 101
cert. PT9 110
cert. PT9 user.
(28-10-2012, 05:43 PM)Vigno Wrote: Hi, this is my mix...
Thanks!

Hi Vigno, I'm definitely going to take your mix as reference the moment I'm going to start mixing this song (that I like).
I love the country style rendered voice and the perfect balance (to me it's perfect). The feeling of blending the instruments like you did is definitely my goal.
I can't judge the level of the bass now since I'm away from my main monitors but through headsets I'd say: well done on all the line.

I have a single remark and a question related to it: the drum snare sound (or whatever is, if it's the rim snare, I haven't inspected the files yet). Are you using a transient shaper for it? It sounds so snappy that seems nearly mechanical (synth). Maybe it's a combination of the eq choice and a transient shaper (or compression).

+1 from me in any case
humbly said
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
Now I tried to open stereo image....
i don't know... bo!

.mp3    Who i am mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

cert. PT9 101
cert. PT9 110
cert. PT9 user.
(28-10-2012, 05:43 PM)Vigno Wrote: Hi, this is my mix...
Thanks!

Seriously, this is the best mix of this song I've heard since I started listening to them all this afternoon. It even bests Voelund's excellent mix, and I fully expected that one to be my all time favorite other than my own (and even now Voelund's is still #2 behind yours Wink).

My ONLY suggestion would be that you might dial the lead vocal back 2-3 dB (backing vocal is fine where it is).

Love this! Couldn't have done better myself (in fact, it sounds an awful lot like my mix; Wink check it out! It's on the site!)!
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(30-01-2013, 11:05 PM)Vigno Wrote: Now I tried to open stereo image....
i don't know... bo!

This is still good, but I preferred your original mix just the way it was. Again, in both cases, my only significant issue is with the vocal level being a touch too high. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince