Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride: 'Dead Enemies'
Mastering

.mp3    DeadEnemies-NK1878.mp3 --  (Download: 13.44 MB)

Nice and ballsy !!! Did you replace the toms? Good on ya... I remember they were poorly recorded, and I was supposed to replace them. Then I was confronted with the guitars at the end that I was supposed to re-Amp. I have to say it pissed me off a bit. I was so annoyed, I used a Vox AC-30 to re-amp the guitars at the end, and left the toms as the were... shitty. I like a clean and well-recorded track, where all the ideas are present and very clear. All the decisions should be made before we start mixing. It was not so... So there were things I didn't like, and didn't use, like the second vocal below the lead. I also kept the piano part clean, without the noise. In hindsight I should have dropped more things I didn't like, but I didn't. Anyway, you took a shot, and that's great. To me the toms are still too long and boomy, but then again, who cares. The only way to create great mixes, is to have great recordings. And we weren't involved in that, did we?
(23-05-2023, 12:14 AM)NickLaBelle Wrote: Nice and ballsy !!! Did you replace the toms? Good on ya... I remember they were poorly recorded, and I was supposed to replace them. Then I was confronted with the guitars at the end that I was supposed to re-Amp. I have to say it pissed me off a bit. I was so annoyed, I used a Vox AC-30 to re-amp the guitars at the end, and left the toms as the were... shitty. I like a clean and well-recorded track, where all the ideas are present and very clear. All the decisions should be made before we start mixing. It was not so... So there were things I didn't like, and didn't use, like the second vocal below the lead. I also kept the piano part clean, without the noise. In hindsight I should have dropped more things I didn't like, but I didn't. Anyway, you took a shot, and that's great. To me the toms are still too long and boomy, but then again, who cares. The only way to create great mixes, is to have great recordings. And we weren't involved in that, did we?
I
Hi Nick this is just mastering i did not mix thanks for listening .cheers