Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil - Alive (Yet Free)
Really not an easy one, but it was so fun!
Thanks a lot for the multi-tracks, hope it turned out nicely

Let me know what you think

Cheers

.mp3    MekaPhil - Alive (Yet Free) v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.26 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Hello! Thank you for your interest in mixing this track! It's still one of the most fun ones Meka and I ever did.

First off, your more unique choices with FX and variations on that were all great! Keep up the creativity. I also love the guitar tones. What did you use for them?

Now for some criticism. I'll keep it light, but just know that I feel this mix could be GREAT with a few tweaks:
1) Beef. under 60hz, that kick can do some WORK my friend. Let's hear some!
2) Everything over 6khz is blanketed. Very dark mix, could definitely benefit from some air. Give me like, wayyyy more high end evenly split between all the elements and you'll have a very polished sounding mix.

Hope that helps! Big Grin Good mix overall, not much to complain about aside from just how dark it is with what feels like a very gentle rolloff at 6khz haha.
I look forward to maybe more revisions in the future!
Sincerely,
Phil Jr.
Hey Phil,

First of all, thanks again for these multi-tracks, creative and complex writing skills I see Wink

I don't really remember this session particularly, and what I've used for the guitar sounds, but if  there were DI tracks for guitars, I'm sure there is some NAM ( Nerual Amp Modeler ), and I'll tell you exactly what I've used after opening the project again

You're absolutely right about the 2 points.
Yeaaah, the kick really needs some beef...
For some reasons I was referencing directly some Spotify music, and they all seemed a bit "dark" to me

For sure there will be some revisions

Cheers,
Andrei
MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA