Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slimy Soul Suckers - Joe's Bar
My mix.

.mp3    Slimy Soul Suckers - Joe\'s Bar (master).mp3 --  (Download: 10.84 MB)

It works. There feels like there's a lot going on in the 100hz range. It gets a little muddy and puts the bass guitar too out front. The kick might be causing some pumping at times.

I'm not fan of using the 2 lead vocals. But it could just be me. The solo tones feel a little weak and nasal. The outro solo gets lost at times.

There's a nasty click at 2:29 or so. And another weird...edit? at :44. I don't know what it is. Maybe it has to do with some clipping?

The overall tone works besides that bit of muddiness. It was fine to listen to which makes the mix work overall. There re just some minor parts that can be tweaked.

I appreciate the fade at the end. It feels right for this song. But, I think it can fade out sooner before the actual end of the song.

Hope that helps.
I appreciate your comments, I don't know why but Studio One didn't load the project for me until now. I've changed a few little things on this new mix.

Thx Roy

.mp3    Slimy Soul Suckers - Joe\'s Bar (master).mp3 --  (Download: 10.3 MB)

I'd agree with Roy here. The bottom end sounds thumpy and the high end sounds thin in places. Are you mixing in headphones, I wonder?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
If it is mixed with the headphones that they give you on the airlines Wink
Compresor de bus SSL, Gates Sta-Level, Dbx 160x, UA 1176, Bae 1073, Lomo Up27, Ear 822Q, IGS Tubecore Mastering Edition, Lexicon PCM 70, Ferrofish A16, SSL Six, Studer Revox B77, Yamaha HS8