Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's Bar
Catchy Tune.  Here is my mix.
any Feedback much appreciated.
Thank you

.mp3    Joe\'s Bar1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.63 MB)

I gave it a quick listen. Some of the balances feel off. The snare is really out front. Maybe it's just too much of the snare sample. The bass gets lost as well. I can hear it tonally but as a musical part it doesn't drive the song like it should.

I almost wonder if there's just too much going on in the mid part of the mix and the side parts are getting lost a bit.

The kick feels like it's causing some pumping. Is it doing something to bass guitar? I can't tell it they're going through the same compressor or if the kick is ducking the bass but I feel like I can hear the bass notes 'releasing' after the kick.

I like the overall energy. It feels exciting. Maybe because elements need to compete with the snare?
(09-05-2023, 02:48 PM)roy Wrote: I gave it a quick listen. Some of the balances feel off. The snare is really out front. Maybe it's just too much of the snare sample. The bass gets lost as well. I can hear it tonally but as a musical part it doesn't drive the song like it should.

I almost wonder if there's just too much going on in the mid part of the mix and the side parts are getting lost a bit.

The kick feels like it's causing some pumping. Is it doing something to bass guitar? I can't tell it they're going through the same compressor or if the kick is ducking the bass but I feel like I can hear the bass notes 'releasing' after the kick.

I like the overall energy. It feels exciting. Maybe because elements need to compete with the snare?
Thanks for your time and feedback.
I am aware the snare was too much,  but it was good at the time.
The kick is ducking the bass - different comp.
There is a L3 on the end of Masterbuss (for mids)  another  limiter (more used for color) before and compressor (less then 2bd) But the all do very little or hardly anything. EQ at beginning for a little mid/side.

Thanks again,  I try to post a new version

.mp3    Joe\'s Bar v.2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.64 MB)