Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slimy Soul Suckers - Joe's Bar (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this song. Hope you like it and thanks for listening. Cheers!

.mp3    Slimy Soul Suckers - Joe\'s Bar (Hein-Ivan Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.41 MB)

Sounds good. The snare felt a bit loud at first but seemed to work with everything in so it might be ok. The organ is a little loud when it's playing the longer legato chords. The guitars overall feel too "in your face" compared to the vocals. I wonder if the guitars are fighting against the louder organ sections and if that's causing them to be up in the mix. The verses feel pretty good. It just could feel a little more 'laid back'. Maybe the snare level pushes it forward too much. I'm more thinking out loud than saying anything helpful, I know.

But all that is minor. It sounds really good, overall. I think it could use a slight dip at 1k but that might be more of what I'm listening on than the mix itself.
(09-05-2023, 03:45 PM)roy Wrote: Sounds good. The snare felt a bit loud at first but seemed to work with everything in so it might be ok. The organ is a little loud when it's playing the longer legato chords. The guitars overall feel too "in your face" compared to the vocals. I wonder if the guitars are fighting against the louder organ sections and if that's causing them to be up in the mix. The verses feel pretty good. It just could feel a little more 'laid back'. Maybe the snare level pushes it forward too much. I'm more thinking out loud than saying anything helpful, I know.

But all that is minor. It sounds really good, overall. I think it could use a slight dip at 1k but that might be more of what I'm listening on than the mix itself.
Hello roy! Many thanks for the comments and yes I did struggle a bit to get the guitars in the right place but after listening in my car I keep it like that. Anyway I'm not 100% happy with the mix, so I will do another mix later on so thanks for the comments it's helpful. Cheers!
Hello heinim!! I think you have done an amazing job with this one. To my ears your mix is perfect!!
(10-05-2023, 02:28 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello heinim!! I think you have done an amazing job with this one. To my ears your mix is perfect!!
Hi Andreas Tyranopoulos! Many thanks for your feedback, it means a lot to me that you like it. Cheers!