Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's Bar My MIX
Hello guys!! I hope you like my attempt!! This song has been recorded so well!!

Some small changes in mix 2.

After your comments guys I made a 3rd mix! Thanks for your time!!

.mp3    Joe\'s Bar.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

.mp3    Joe\'s Bar 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

.mp3    Joe\'s Bar 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

It feels good. The kick feels pretty loud, relatively. The mix is a little muddy in the 200hz range.
(09-05-2023, 04:05 PM)roy Wrote: It feels good. The kick feels pretty loud, relatively. The mix is a little muddy in the 200hz range.
Hello roy! Thanks for your time! I agree with you about the kick and the low end. I made some small changes according to your comment. Cheers!!
(05-05-2023, 09:15 AM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello guys!! I hope you like my attempt!! This song has been recorded so well!!

Hello Andreas Tyranopoulos! This is a very good mix (V2) good balance and sound. There is one small thing, the Ac.Guitars sound a tiny bit hash in the top end on my monitors. Anyway, a good job. Cheers!
(10-05-2023, 03:38 PM)heinim Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 09:15 AM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello guys!! I hope you like my attempt!! This song has been recorded so well!!

Hello Andreas Tyranopoulos! This is a very good mix (V2) good balance and sound. There is one small thing, the Ac.Guitars sound a tiny bit hash in the top end on my monitors. Anyway, a good job. Cheers!
Hello heinim! Thanks for listening!! I am very glad that you liked it!! Cheers!
hi,

I like it! the reverby snare gives it a different vibe than I pictured in my head for this song but it works. Good balance. Not hearing any mud whatsover as mentioned above
good job
(13-05-2023, 01:14 PM)vovolan Wrote: hi,

I like it! the reverby snare gives it a different vibe than I pictured in my head for this song but it works. Good balance. Not hearing any mud whatsover as mentioned above
good job
Hello vovolan! I am glad that you liked it!! Cheers!!
Andreas,
Generally a good mix. I would agree with Henim though on the acoustic guitars. They are more prominent than I think they should be and as a result take up way too much high end spectrum which you seem to be fighting for space with in the rest of the mix. I also feel there is a bit too much compression causing the mix to flatten some. Your tones and balances otherwise are good but slightly overhyped based upon the compression and the high end of the acoustics. For me, the organ and the acoustics lay a bed from which the rest of the arrangement springs from so I would not give them as much prominence as you have. I think that would help open up your mix even more.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(18-05-2023, 07:32 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Andreas,
Generally a good mix. I would agree with Henim though on the acoustic guitars. They are more prominent than I think they should be and as a result take up way too much high end spectrum which you seem to be fighting for space with in the rest of the mix. I also feel there is a bit too much compression causing the mix to flatten some. Your tones and balances otherwise are good but slightly overhyped based upon the compression and the high end of the acoustics. For me, the organ and the acoustics lay a bed from which the rest of the arrangement springs from so I would not give them as much prominence as you have. I think that would help open up your mix even more.

Hello Mixinthecloud. Thanks a lot for your time and your comment. I made the adjustments you said about the acoustic guitars and the organ and I think that the mix feels more 3d now. Cheers!!