Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lizzo - About Damn Time
Ooh, didn't know about the slap bass embargo.  Although thinking about it I suppose it could have been imposed for safety reasons back in 1983, after Louis Johnson broke a string in Tokyo playing live with George Duke...

Anyway, yeah the low end in this track is amazing.  Mixed by Manny Marroquin.  It almost sounds like a different track on a system that's lacking in the bass department.  On a system with no bass the vocal kind of sounds perhaps a touch too forward I feel - no bad thing for pop.  On a system with plenty of bass (and sub bass) it really sounds incredible.  I think there must be some added sub tones in the mix too?  The Purple Disco remix is also killer.

Cheers!

Edit: Thought I'd add this link here just in case people were wondering what we are talking about in this section Smile.

I also forgot to mention the great acting during the intro of the video. Superb stuff. Rivals my favourites from the 80's!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(30-04-2023, 11:26 PM)mikej Wrote: Ooh, didn't know about the slap bass embargo.  Although thinking about it I suppose it could have been imposed for safety reasons back in 1983, after Louis Johnson broke a string in Tokyo playing live with George Duke...

Big Grin

Quote:I also forgot to mention the great acting during the intro of the video.  Superb stuff.  Rivals my favourites from the 80's!

It is a great video. Love it when the illuminated floor tiles appear in the corridor! Smile

Mike S.