Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A modern take
Hello !
Here is my mix of this incredible song.
I tried to go for a modern sound, with a emphasis on the vocal details. The drum kit has the detail of the snare ghosts notes brought back as well because i noticed that the original mix lost them with the compression of the snare.
There an FX on the intro guitar that you might notice, but i tried to bring a cohesive experience to the listener, with a great deal of dynamics and a nice stereo image that evolve with the track.

I made a little harmony by pitching the last chorus notes up a few notches, maybe you'll notice it as well.

.mp3    Simplemachine - Ingloria - A.sch3\'s Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.87 MB)

Hi, well balanced mix!
Small feedback would be that the snare could have a bit less low mids. And to my taste the vocals could be a bit brighter. I like the climax parts in the end of the song!
Cheers!
Thanks for the feedback !
(30-04-2023, 11:07 AM)A.sch3 Wrote: Hello !
Here is my mix of this incredible song.
I tried to go for a modern sound, with a emphasis on the vocal details. The drum kit has the detail of the snare ghosts notes brought back as well because i noticed that the original mix lost them with the compression of the snare.
There an FX on the intro guitar that you might notice, but i tried to bring a cohesive experience to the listener, with a great deal of dynamics and a nice stereo image that evolve with the track.

I made a little harmony by pitching the last chorus notes up a few notches, maybe you'll notice it as well.
Hi,
I think this mix has potential, but it has a few distinct issues. Firstly, I think the vocal tone is good, but on all other instruments, I recommend less extreme EQ choices, especially for the midrange boost in the piano and the high pass on the acoustic guitar, and the drums really need more high end. I would also strongly suggest pushing the compressors in both the mix and mastering stages less hard, as there is audible pumping through the whole song. It's ok if one part of the song is slightly louder or quieter than another. I think it all would be pretty good after those changes.
Thanks for the feedback !
I really need to listen more attentively to this pumping effect that i did not catch during my mixing sessions.
That's true that i drove the limiter too hard on the track. But because i wasn't hearing problem i figured that it worked haha !

Thanks again, it makes me progress !
Good mix overall, may be the voice is a bit dark, don't know, it could be also that I lost a bit of my hearing