Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luis T Mix The apprehended Still Flying
Hi all,

Here is my mix of this song.
Not easy one!
Thanks for listening.
Luis

.mp3    LuisTmix the apprehented still flying.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

Did you sample replace kick and snare ?
Yours sound really tight !
A.sch3Did you sample replace kick and snare ?
Yours sound really tight !

Hey,

Yes, i did edit Snare and kick, to even the dynamics, cutting and changing volume one by one hit, after 3 hours editing...then porcessed it, but had the feeling i could not bring it to sound as i wanted so finally replaced with samples.

The original kick stem audio has a dip around 60Hz where the fundamental sub sound should be... it makes me think it whas recorded with two mic (maybe more) and not exported separate stems but summed without checking phase  and there is phase cancellation at this point 60hz

Thanks for listening and telling me what you think, much appreciate!

Luis
Ohhh.. Makes sens.

I've noticed too that the kick had some sort of issue with the recording.

Check out my take btw (OG kick and snare) : https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=46425
Check out my take btw (OG kick and snare)  Hey, good job! even with those really bad kick and snare! you managed it to work.
(28-04-2023, 09:59 AM)LuisT Wrote: Hi all,

Here is my mix of this song.
Not easy one!
Thanks for listening.
Luis

Can u pls let me know the entire process on how you mixed this Mt and added the replaced kick and snare to it? I'd love to discuss and learn from you

"Can u pls let me know the entire process on how you mixed this Mt and added the replaced kick and snare to it? I'd love to discuss and learn from you"

Hey Vaishnav,

Thank you for your message!

For drum replacement there are many ways of doing it, i remember i did it using "drumagog" (bit outdated, but good and i have it so i use it) but there is also "drum trigger" from slate digital, and others...

It´s been long time since this mix, i´ll check if i have acces to it in my storage, if not, i could mix it again (will be better, for sure) and tell you about the process... Will tell you something as soon as possible.

Best

LuisT