Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplemachine Ingloria
hi there this is my version of this full of emotions crazy good song:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NTvl2Rx...share_link
Hi!

It's preferred that you attach and upload an audio file, rather than posting a link to an external site, to avoid dead links in the future.

Uploading Audio Files

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
[quote pid='123676' dateline='1682359971']
Hi there i notice the option and try but for some reason the file didnt show then i press preview post so i  decide that it may be from the file size and  i post it that way.I will take the note for the next time thanks.
[/quote]
Hi!

You are not trying to upload a wav file are you? Note that you can only upload mp3 (or ogg/mp4/OPUS files) in this section of the forum.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Well of cource i was traying to upload 48khz/24bit wave file Smile .What is the point to spend 8 hours mixing just to listen mp3 Smile . but sure mp3 will be from know on .
(26-04-2023, 06:33 AM)kombainera Wrote: Well of cource i was traying to upload 48khz/24bit wave file Smile .

I feel the file upload instructions make it quite clear as to which file formats this section of the forum supports? Smile

Quote:What is the point to spend 8 hours mixing just to listen mp3 Smile

Good question.  This is only my opinion of course, but I would suggest that only you can decide if there is any point in you spending your time mixing or not.  I must say that personally I do find it a worth while and rewarding endeavour. Smile

Quote:. but sure mp3 will be from know on .

According to the upload instructions it says that mp3 works perfectly fine, unless you are already mixing like Bob Clearmountain.  So apologies in advance if that is indeed the case here.  Sorry Bob! Smile

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers!
[quote pid='123702' dateline='1682491033']
This is very immature answer for someone who must do moderation on a music forum .With my post i point that there is no point to listen your work in bad quality no matter on what level u are bob or not bob ...i can hear + 0.2 db so imagine what is a difference from PCM audio to mp3 to me  but since u cant get my point i understand that u are not working with audio at all.I understand that file size metter when u must work with large numbers of files so like i sayd i will post mp3 from know on but if only anwers i will get will be unprofessional and immature may be there is no point to post anything here at all.
[/quote]
Maybe this place might not be for you. And that's ok. The only way to know is to post a mix and check out some other people's mixes. I'm sure with your ear you'll be able to make some good points.

I've never found the file format to be indicative of whether a mix is good or not. An mp3 that has been converted well is fine for showing off a mix and I've never heard a bad mix in mp3 that suddenly became a good mix when I heard the .wav.

I didn't see anything immature in MikeJ's post but people take things differently. We like to keep the forum a fairly positive and constructive place but getting critiques and comments on mixes can be hard sometimes and one has to develop some thick skin and realize that people generally mean well.

All I can recommend is that you jump right in and post an mp3 version of your mix of this song (and many others!) that the community can listen to and critique and that you check out other people's mixes. Then you can see if this is the right place for you.
Hi,

I understood your point perfectly. I was attempting to acknowledge and answer them along with a small dose of humour to keep things light hearted. Apologies if you mistook that for immaturity. I am more than happy to take the time to give you a more serious and comprehensive answer and explain in more detail.

The file types accepted by this section of the forum are clearly listed in the forum rules and the uploading guidelines. I simply thought you might not have seen or read through them and that was why you were attempting to upload a wav file rather than an mp3/mp4 or OPUS file.

As explained in the uploading guidelines - the reason that it is preferable to upload files to the forum is to avoid dead links.

That is to say if and when the file is deleted from your Google drive, the link will no longer work. This will of course reduce the educational benefit to anyone revisiting the thread in the future.

Also explained is that the reason that wav files are not allowed to be uploaded in this section of the forum is to reduce storage demands. This forum is generously provided as a free to use resource. I think we can all respect and understand that.

The uploading guidelines also states that 320kbps mp3 files are perfectly adequate for mix discussion purposes, but of course that might not be acceptable for everyone.

Really only you can decide whether this forum is for you or not. Personally speaking I find being a member of the community here very rewarding and I would hope others find it the same.

Cheers!
He clearly know more than us, I mean, hearing The Weeknd modulating his voice on every words over a reused Fugees 90s hit, that HIT so different in 192kHz Dolby Atmos, truly a masterpiece, everything is lost in mp3, or maybe everything was already lost.

Dude just post your mp3 so we can tear it appart.