Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplemachine_Ingloria
Great song, pleasure mixing.
Any feedback welcome, thank you.

Small adjustment  in V2

.mp3    Simplemachine_Ingloria.mp3 --  (Download: 8.13 MB)

.mp3    Simplemachine_Ingloria-002.mp3 --  (Download: 8.13 MB)

(23-04-2023, 01:10 PM)phil_basement Wrote: Great song, pleasure mixing.

Small adjustment  in V2
Listened to V2 -- I think there's some work to do here, here are my suggestions:
First thing I notice is a noise floor, which shouldn't be present. I'm guessing this could be from analog modeling plugins, and I recommend turning the noise off or using plugins without it. There's a reason people used to try and avoid noise at all costs- it just muddies the mix. The message in the intro is also a bit buried in the mix.
With the vocals, I'm not hearing much but treble. The goal should be to get a good balance of frequencies, so less boost in the treble, and more upper and lower midrange. For the drums, I can barely make out the snare in any part of the song, which is probably because of the compression.
Dynamics could be better throughout, and  I think the first thing you should do is lower the gain on most of the tracks. Everything is being compressed very hard here. I also highly recommend looking into more effective use of attack an release, which I think would help the drums a lot here.
Just side note : The recording itself contain plenty of noise, especially the vocal main track.
On my take, i had to use of ambiguous trickery to get rid of the noise when the vocal is not heard. But i can vouge for phil_basement that his noise that we hear is the one from the multi-track, not plugins. I recognize even the timing of apparition of this noise inside the different tracks.

The fact that his mix i so treble oriented is bringing forward the hiss.
(04-05-2023, 09:51 PM)A.sch3 Wrote: Just side note : The recording itself contain plenty of noise, especially the vocal main track.
On my take, i had to use of ambiguous trickery to get rid of the noise when the vocal is not heard. But i can vouge for phil_basement that his noise that we hear is the one from the multi-track, not plugins. I recognize even the timing of apparition of this noise inside the different tracks.

All right, good to know. I didn’t compress much, so I guess it didn’t jump out as I was mixing.
(04-05-2023, 02:59 AM)Universe Man Wrote:
(23-04-2023, 01:10 PM)phil_basement Wrote: Great song, pleasure mixing.

Small adjustment  in V2
Listened to V2 -- I think there's some work to do here, here are my suggestions:
First thing I notice is a noise floor, which shouldn't be present. I'm guessing this could be from analog modeling plugins, and I recommend turning the noise off or using plugins without it. There's a reason people used to try and avoid noise at all costs- it just muddies the mix. The message in the intro is also a bit buried in the mix.
With the vocals, I'm not hearing much but treble. The goal should be to get a good balance of frequencies, so less boost in the treble, and more upper and lower midrange. For the drums, I can barely make out the snare in any part of the song, which is probably because of the compression.
Dynamics could be better throughout, and  I think the first thing you should do is lower the gain on most of the tracks. Everything is being compressed very hard here. I also highly recommend looking into more effective use of attack an release, which I think would help the drums a lot here.
thank you for the feedback, I didn't have time to read before. I will check what I can do with my mix
(04-05-2023, 09:51 PM)A.sch3 Wrote: Just side note : The recording itself contain plenty of noise, especially the vocal main track.

Also may be I'm a bit old and I don't hear trebles enough Smile

Thank you!